On Sunday, July 12, Jason Sell shared his intention to step out of the Youth Minister role at LCC this year. We are grateful for Jason's investment in the lives of our church family and community the last twenty-three years. Jason will be staying on staff until a new youth pastor is found, to help with the transition that will happen.
Thanks for getting to know our ministry of students in Jr. High and High School a little better!
We'd love to get to know you and your family, too.
If you'd like more information about our Student Ministry, contact our Student Minister Jason Sell (email@example.com).
- WE ARE 1 TIMOTHY 4:12 because we believe that this generation of students can be the church of today, setting an example for all believers, being a ministry of students, not just a ministry to students.
- WE ARE FOR TWELVE, because we believe in discipleship that happens in small groups, where students can discover their faith for when they are on their own.
- WE ARE FOR ONE, TOO, because every student is important to us, so that we have a place for everyone who wants to join our family.
WORSHIP - 9:00am
We meet once a month on the second Sunday for the Overflow, our student-led worship service in our upstairs student auditorium. We have a worship band, take communion, and circle up to pray, read Scripture and discuss the message for the day. On the other Sundays of the month, we meet downstairs with our families for worship in our main services. Students are welcome to join our "Student Section" for worship on the right side of the room!
STUDENT LIFE - 10:10am
We meet in the coffee bar upstairs to grab a quick breakfast, catch some conversations and enjoy some fun with our friends and Life Group Leaders as we hang out in between services. On Overflow Sundays, we offer a free breakfast buffet, usually with waffles and toppings and other options for everyone to enjoy. All are welcome to join us!
LIFE GROUPS - 10:40am
Students are invited to join a Life Group to meet each week for connection and discussion. We have 2 adult mentors for each group to help students grow their faith in a circle of peers that they can be open with. Students are grouped based upon grade and gender, and we are glad to add new students to any group. Check with an adult during Student Life to be connected to a Life Group on your first Sunday with us, we would love to have you join us!
As a note of clarity, our leaders are prepared and trained to mentor and lead teens to discover a passion for God and a love for being in community with us. I hope you'll join us and see what we're all about, participate in doing life together with us, and become all that God has planned for you!
-Jason Sell, student minister
Your teen's safety is important to us. All our leaders go through a background check process and a vetting process before they are released to work with teens, so you can trust that our leaders have the safety and security of your family in mind.
The first step for a student visiting LCC for any aspect of 412 Student Ministries is to create an online profile for your teen in our database. Click on My LCC above in the menu bar and follow the directions to do that from home. Or there will be hosts available to help you at the check-in stations, located in both lobbies and at the top of the stairs in the Student Center.
Each time your teen comes to LCC, they will need to stop by a check-in station to sign in, where they will also receive a name tag.
Check back often for information on upcoming events for Student Ministries.
During regular programming, our Student Life Groups meet each Sunday at 10:40a, and we meet on the Second Sunday of each month for the Overflow at 9:00a.
Need to grab a form or sign in to volunteer? Check below for quick links.
This form is required to participate in our events, and a new one is needed each year.
412 Student Ministries at Lebanon Christian Church shares the same vision, mission, and values as our church as a whole; we are all heading in the same direction as we follow God's leading.
LCC's Student Ministries is a family of students devoted to loving God and others, by helping students trust and follow Jesus.
We will be an outpost of hope for students and their families to have a better life, as we help them:
- Discover Christ, the Church and other Christians
- Decide to follow Christ
- Grow in faith
- Go into the world
We are guided by our desire to be:
- Rooted - We believe the Bible and prayer are the foundation for all that we do.
- Welcoming - We will create safe, inviting environments where all people are valued.
- Generous - We are a community of believers, each committed to investing God's given resources to further His mission.
- Redemptive - We help all people find transformation in the rescuing and restoring love of God.
- Loving - We extend Christ's compassion and care through authentic relationships.
OUR MINISTRY PHILOSOPHY
We have learned that leading our ministry by this vision, this mission, and these values produces a philosophy of how we do Student Ministries. We believe and hope you will agree that...
- We have a place for everyone who wants to join our family.
- Our students are the church of today and do not need to wait to worship, serve or study.
- We are a ministry of students, not a ministry to students.
- We challenge our students to own their faith for when they are on their own.